Each week, Right Down Euclid will be bringing you the latest free agency news from around the league. Here is some the latest news from around the NBA.
- Eric Gordon appears to be headed back to New Orleans. According to sources ,the former Indiana Hoosier will have his offer sheet matched by New Orleans. Gordon will now be making $58 million over four years. The offer sheet came from the Phoenix Suns.
- The Timberwolves have reportedly signed forward Nicolas Batum to a four year, $46 million dollar offer sheet. The 23-year-old has averaged 10. 2 points and 3.9 rebounds in his first three NBA season. The Portland Trail Blazers now have three days to match the offer.
- Over the weekend, the New York Knicks added a point guard, and it wasn’t Jeremy Lin. Raymond Felton was sent to New York over the weekend in a sign and trade deal in exchange for Jared Jefferies and Dan Gadzuric. Felton received a three-year, $25.1 million dollar offer. With Jason Kidd having been signed as well, this is the likely end to “Linsanity” in the Big Apple.
- Elton Brand is now a Dallas Maverick. After being amnestied by the Philadelphia 76ers, the power forward was picked up by Dallas. Brand, who will likely come off the bench, played only 29 games last season.
- According to reports, the Boston Celtics are after both O.J. Mayo and Courtney Lee.
- Bulls guard Rip Hamilton may be on the trade market, according to reports coming out of Chicago. With only one million guaranteed on his deal, he’d be an interesting pick-up for many teams, including the Cavs.